One in five Monterey County residents needs food assistance. To help answer this need, the All Saints’ Outreach Commission will conduct the second annual Small Bites for Big Hunger on Friday, May 3, 2013, from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m. in Seccombe Hall.
Tickets are $40 before April 25, and then $50 thereafter and at the door; all but $10 of the ticket price is tax-deductible. In addition to purchasing your tickets here on the website, please consider a financial sponsorship or donation of an auction item. (Contact Nancy Jones at 238-0316 or ask at the office to pursue this possibility.) If you prefer not to order tickets over the internet, you can call Marcia Jeiroudi at 334-9026 for tickets.
The evening features local celebrity chefs offering attendees delicious signature small bites, paired with wine tasting from local wineries. Additional funds will be raised from silent and live auctions at the event. Proceeds will fund All Saints’ many outreach ministries. In 2012, these included the following:
- Bags of non-perishable food distributed daily by the All Saints’ office to anyone in need, and larger boxes of non-perishables distributed at Easter and Thanksgiving/Christmas
- Monthly dinners for Interfaith Homeless Emergency Lodging Program (I-HELP) guests
- Outreach efforts at Epiphany Lutheran & Episcopal Church to those less fortunate in the Marina area: the Thomas Carmen Food Pantry which provides food to several hundred people every month, and the Marina Senior Market that provides fresh, high-quality produce on a weekly basis
- All Saints’ Day School’s bean bags for migrant farmers
- The Food Bank for Monterey County’s provision of food at discounted prices
- The Rice Plus Project, to feed, clothe, and help those in need in our local communities
- Nancy Costello’s ministry to county farm workers
Look for updates to our list of chefs and wineries and to preview live and silent auction items that will be offered. See you at Small Bites!
Featured wineries (alphabetical listing): Chesboro, Cima Collina, Trio Carmel, Ventana, Wrath
Featured Chefs (alphabetical listing): Chef Bagley, Cypress Inn; Chef Briske, La Balena; Chef Hubart, Le St. Tropez; Chef Kimmel, Tarpy’s; Chef Peters, Basil; Chef Wood, Patisserie Boisserie.